Wednesday, July 9, 2014

New Sewing Room

Disorganized shelves in my new sewing room!


A tiny and perfect sewing corner

One of the best things about our new apartment, is that a box-shaped corner of our hallway gets to be my new sewing room. It's my first sewing room, hopefully not the last, and it's my pride and joy. I love having a space solely dedicated to sewing. It's just big enough to fit my horribly disorganized sewing bookshelf, my new sewing desk, and my dress form.




My new vintage sewing desk

I got this vintage sewing desk at a flea market in Harpers Ferry, WV. The top folds open and it still has the original sewing machine inside, along with it's original instructions and a vintage buttonhole attachment. Flipping open the top will be so helpful when I am working with large amounts of fabric. I still need to find a small lampshade for the lamp in this photo. I'm hoping for one with some character, any suggestions on where to find one?


Vintage sewing machine instructions and attachments


Square patchwork pin cushion

The first project I completed in my new sewing room was a purple patchwork pin cushion. I cut out 6 3 1/2" squares and sewed them into a box shape. I didn't have any batting, so I stuffed the pin cushion with small scrapes of cotton muslin. It turned out pretty cute!


Purple patchwork pincushion

No comments:

Post a Comment