Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I made pants!

colette clover pants


colette clover pants


colette clover pants


Long time no post, but I've got some exciting news to share with you - I made my first pair of pants!!! The Colette Clover pants. Spoiler alert: they did not turn out perfectly, but hey they're my first pair of pants so I'm going to wear them proudly anyways.


I finished my seams with teal bias tape  :)






I made a big mistake early on with these pants. I bought the pattern when it came out and didn't look at it again when I ordered my fabric. I saw this cute boucle fabric on sale at Mood and thought I was finally ready to try making pants. When I finally looked at the Clover pattern, I saw it required fabric with up to 3% spandex... this beautiful boucle has noooo stretch. 


colette clover pants


Rather than get new fabric and save the boucle for something else, I decided to try making a larger size pant  :)  Maybe not the best idea, but I figured it was worth a shot.  I made a muslin version and they didn't fit terrible, a little slouchy but not bad. I probably should have made some adjustments to the pattern for a more perfect fit. I also planned on adding zippers to the ankles, so I could get the pants over my feet without stretchy fabric. The zippers turned out adorable, I need to add more decorative zippers to my makes!




colette clover pants


Overall, the Clover pattern was very simple to put together. I can't wait to try it again someday with the correct type of fabric  :)  For now, I'm happy with my slightly ill-fitting pants because... Yay -I made pants!








7 comments:

  1. They look pretty cute to me! Love the ankle zippers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really good! And I really, really dig how you finished the seams <3
    I'm inspired :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, these are the best Clovers I've seen, I love the look in a non-stretch woven. Seeing your pair is making me rethink the pattern, I love a straight leg pant but not an absence of drape. Love them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I really want to make another pair someday, I think the next pants I try will be the Ginger Jeans.

    ReplyDelete