Thursday, February 9, 2017

Linden Sisters

Linden Sweatshirt


Linden Sweatshirt


I love making things for my family. For Christmas this year, I gave my adorable sisters Grainline Studio's Linden sweatshirts. The Linden being a loose fitting knit makes it PERFECT for gifting! You don't have to have the size exactly right and it still looks great. It also sews up really fast and easy, and if that wasn't enough it is super stylish. Love it!





Linden Sweatshirt


On my original Linden I sewed a straight size 4, but my sisters are pretty tall (5'9" and 6'1") so I lengthened both of their Lindens a few inches. Other than that, I kept everything the same. I was really happy with the fit on both. They look relaxed but still really stylish.


Linden Sweatshirt




Both of their Lindens have the same dark green french terry fabric. I paired Amanda's with a variegated gray french terry. For Maria's I used the looped side of the green french terry for the sleeves and the smooth side for the body. I spiced her's up with a metallic gold knit fabric for the neckline. The french terry was really nice to sew with because it is sooo soft!


Linden Sweatshirt


Pattern: Grainline Studio's Linden Sweatshirt (again!)
Fabric: Lightweight french terry and a metallic knit from Fabric.com
Did I like the pattern? I want to make this pattern every day, it is such a joy to sew!


Linden Sweatshirt


In other sewing news, I'm still working on my Grainline Archer. Tonight I will be sewing the side seams together, so it's coming along! Thanks to my future brother-in-law for taking these awesome photos of Amanda in LA! 



No comments:

Post a Comment