I finally whipped up a Seamwork Akita blouse! I used a cotton voile that I bought at Jo-Ann's, a couple years ago, for my first Colette Laurel dress. I'm trying to get better about using the fabric I have, rather than buying the shiny new fabric :) It's so hard though - fabric shopping is fun!
|Pretty blue bias tape|
The Akita pattern is really simple and fast to put together. Only having to cut one pattern piece is amazing!! I usually wear size 2 tops, since this is a looser blouse I cut in-between size 0 & 2. Overall, I'm very happy with the fit. It's bunches a little at my hips, so I think next time I'll make the side slits a little taller.
It was a beautiful 75 degree weekend in Richmond. Josh and I went hiking at Pocahontas State Park and took these pictures :) It's December and I was warm hiking in a short sleeve shirt - crazy!
|caught in the air!|
Yesterday I started cutting out aluminum and brass triangles for a new necklace :) After I finish that, I'm planning to start cutting a Pauline Alice Malvarosa dress!