Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Very Wearable Muslin




On Sunday I finished my muslin for the new Colette Laurel pattern, and a very wearable muslin it is. At first I was skeptical about making a shift dress because it is a silhouette I rarely wear. I'm so glad I tried it out. The pattern was a joy to sew and I actually love how the shift looks on me!

In the first fitting I looked like a bowling pin.

When I traced the pattern I choose a smaller size for the top, than for the bottom. The result was me looking like a blue bowling pin - it was funny but not cute. Luckily it was easy to take in the sides, and I ended up with a nearly perfect fit. One thing I love about this pattern is all the bias tape bindings. They are easy to do, with the instruction manual, and I can see myself using them on many projects to come.


Bowling pin shape resolved!






I found this beautiful collar at an antique store in Green Bay.

Some of Spring's first blooms!



This awesome plant was one of the only things growing - it looks like some kind of succulent.



This dress has room for movement - so I did a little dance!

I really love this dress, and I can't wait to make more! I bought some fabric from Spoonflower for my next version. 


Yummy buttermints!

This past weekend, Josh and I made buttermints with my Grandma. We are practicing for our wedding, we want to make them in several colors and flavors. I will post a recipe for these yummy candies soon!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty dress and it looks gorgeous with that collar! The buttermints look really pretty, and I love that they are little roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute dress! I love it with the lace bib.

    ReplyDelete