On Sunday I finished my muslin for the new Colette Laurel pattern, and a very wearable muslin it is. At first I was skeptical about making a shift dress because it is a silhouette I rarely wear. I'm so glad I tried it out. The pattern was a joy to sew and I actually love how the shift looks on me!
|In the first fitting I looked like a bowling pin.|
When I traced the pattern I choose a smaller size for the top, than for the bottom. The result was me looking like a blue bowling pin - it was funny but not cute. Luckily it was easy to take in the sides, and I ended up with a nearly perfect fit. One thing I love about this pattern is all the bias tape bindings. They are easy to do, with the instruction manual, and I can see myself using them on many projects to come.
|Bowling pin shape resolved!|
|I found this beautiful collar at an antique store in Green Bay.|
|Some of Spring's first blooms!|
|This awesome plant was one of the only things growing - it looks like some kind of succulent.|
|This dress has room for movement - so I did a little dance!|
I really love this dress, and I can't wait to make more! I bought some fabric from Spoonflower for my next version.
This past weekend, Josh and I made buttermints with my Grandma. We are practicing for our wedding, we want to make them in several colors and flavors. I will post a recipe for these yummy candies soon!