Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Blue Akita



Seamwork Akita Blouse


Seamwork Akita Blouse


I finally whipped up a Seamwork Akita blouse! I used a cotton voile that I bought at Jo-Ann's, a couple years ago, for my first Colette Laurel dress. I'm trying to get better about using the fabric I have, rather than buying the shiny new fabric  :)  It's so hard though - fabric shopping is fun!


Seamwork Akita Blouse
Pretty blue bias tape


Seamwork Akita Blouse


Seamwork Akita Blouse


Seamwork Akita Blouse


The Akita pattern is really simple and fast to put together. Only having to cut one pattern piece is amazing!! I usually wear size 2 tops, since this is a looser blouse I cut in-between size 0 & 2. Overall, I'm very happy with the fit. It's bunches a little at my hips, so I think next time I'll make the side slits a little taller.


Seamwork Akita Blouse


Seamwork Akita Blouse


Seamwork Akita Blouse


It was a beautiful 75 degree weekend in Richmond. Josh and I went hiking at Pocahontas State Park and took these pictures  :) It's December and I was warm hiking in a short sleeve shirt - crazy!




Seamwork Akita Blouse


Seamwork Akita Blouse
caught in the air!

Yesterday I started cutting out aluminum and brass triangles for a new necklace  :)  After I finish that, I'm planning to start cutting a Pauline Alice Malvarosa dress!

5 comments:

  1. This looks great! I'm excited to see your new necklace. Did you make the one you're wearing in these pictures too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! That blouse looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mia and Alessa! I didn't make the necklace I was wearing - I wish I had jewelry making skills like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this top (and the necklace!) That fabric is such a great color and your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete