Friday, December 12, 2014

Travel Pillows

DIY Travel Pillows


Josh and I have a trip coming up soon, so I decided to make travel pillows for our flight! It was actually really easy and fast. I had leftover stuffing from when I made my Halloween Log and I used fabric from my stash, so I didn't have to buy anything for this project!

To start out, I drew a rough draft of the pillow on tracing paper. Then I cut the tracing paper pattern out, and tried it around my neck for size. The first draft seemed a little small and I had forgotten a seam allowance, so I altered the pattern and drew it larger.


Travel Pillow Pattern


Next, I pinned the pattern to my fabric (I made sure to choose extra soft fabric) and cut out two pieces of fabric. Then I pinned the two pieces of fabric together with the right sides facing each other.


Pinning the pattern to the fabric

After the fabric was pinned together, I sewed the two pieces together - leaving a 3 inch opening. Then I turned the pillow right side out and filled it with stuffing.




Stuffing the pillow

Finally, I hand stitched the opening shut. Can't wait to use these on our trip!


Yay for comfort!

1 comment:

  1. u pillow
    Journey pillows can reduce fretboard and back pain and may make your trip far more relaxed and pleasant. We are able to assist you to pick the best traveling cushion!

    ReplyDelete