Sunday, February 8, 2015

European Adventure



Josh ahead of the Louvre


The last two weeks of December, Josh and I finally went on our honeymoon. It was a whirlwind of adventure. We spent a day and a half in London, six days in Paris (the week of my birthday), six days in Prague (the week of Christmas), and even got to see my sister during a nine hour layover in Chicago! We had an amazing time and took over 2,000 photos! I thought I'd share a few favorites  :)


Sainte-Chapelle Chapel in Paris


My favorite part of the whole trip, was visiting Sainte-Chapelle Chapel in Paris. It is a beautiful medieval gothic chapel started in the 1200s. I learned about Sainte-Chapelle in college, and have been dying to visit ever since. It was well worth the wait - absolutely stunning!



Window shopping in Paris's Latin Quarter


Amazing architecture in Prague's Old Town Square

St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague


Enormous Christmas tree in Prague


Nettle beer and banana beer at Pivovarsky Dum!


Trdelnik in Wenceslaus Square


When we got back from our trip we moved into a new apartment, which we are loving. I also started taking a pattern drafting class! The class is going really well so far. We spent the first session taking measurements, and since have drafted our front bodice, back bodice, and sleeves. Next class we are sewing the bodice together to see how it fits - yay! I've also been taping together a sweater pattern from Seamwork magazine. It's only suppose to take a few hours to make the sweater, but so far it has taken me that long just to tape all the pattern pieces together  :)


Soooo much taping....

3 comments: